Forum Discussion

DavidMitchell-c
Community Member
8 years ago

Templates for multiple response questions

Hi everyone, I was developing a quiz last week and using a nice template in the newest version of quizmaker. I noticed that there are only templates for multiple choice questions, where there is only one right answer. I have started developing my quiz using a certain template, but need that same template for multiple response questions (most of my questions are multiple response). I looked in the templates but couldn't find any, I also couldn't find any online.

Have I missed them? Are they there? Or, can anyone help? Its a reasonably time consuming task to modify a 'blank' canvas to match a template. If that is the answer, can anyone suggest a short way of doing this?

Cheers

David

• Hi Seitwerk, I'd be happy to help you!

First, can you clarify if you are trying to do this in Quizmaker or Storyline? 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Seitwerk!

I'm happy to clarify! Although the templates only include a layout for Multiple Choice questions, you can still apply the quiz layout to any other question slides. I've recorded a quick demo on how to do this in Storyline 360.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

ITSoftware
    Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue. After three days of use (Storyline), this afternoon the Insert Graded Question window locked into displaying only Multiple Choice questions. I have not made any overt changes to "templates" or "types" or "settings." Why has this happened and what do I do to force Storyline to display the Storyline templates for all question types? I shutdown and restarted Storyline in an attempt to reset the Graded Question program, but to no avail. This seems like a bug with the software as this change occurred without input or direction from the operator. An additional note, I haven't played around with Survey Questions, yet the Survey Questions window has locked into only Likert options. Please help me fix this issue so that I see all Storyline question templates.

• Hi IT Software,

I'm happy to help troubleshoot this issue and would like to start with clarifying questions to understand your experience better. 

• When you open the Graded Questions window, are the Light or Dark options selected? 
    • Does toggling these options display the other question types? The Light and Dark themes will only show the Multiple Choice questions and the Likert option in the Survey Questions window.
    • If the issue persists, try these steps to fix possible installation issues.

I'm looking forward to your response!