Forum Discussion

MarilynVogel269
Community Member
2 years ago

Text Entry Interaction - Maximum Answer Choices

Hello!

I'm building a course that will branch and show Learners specific information based on their location, which is identified by a 3 letter code. There should only be 2-3 slide options to send them to, but potentially around one hundred possible "answer choices" (location identifying codes). For example, the Learner might type in "xyz" and be taken to slide 2, or if maybe they're located at "abc" and when entered, taken to slide 3. Now scale this to around one hundred 3 letter codes to 2-3 slide targets. 

My question is, is there a maximum number of text entry "answers" I can trigger a text entry box interaction to send to a slide? 

• There probably is, but most likely its around sixty thousand or so. But you will need a trigger for each possibility. If there are two or three slides for each location, you just need to take them to the first slide, then from there navigate to next slide. You might consider a scene for each possibility. I'm guessing that even of the various options re-use some of the same slides, standalone scenes might be the way to go. Otherwise, you'll need all hundred triggers on each slide.

• Thank you! Yes I figured I would just need those triggers to get to that first slide, then regular navigation for any subsequent slides for that path. Thanks for your response!