Forum Discussion

LynnWeishaupt
Community Member
3 years ago

Text to Speech not working

When I try to edit text to speech, I get an error "Unable to connect.  Check your internet connection."  

Every other application on laptop can access internet.  

I've rebooted 3 times. 

I've uninstalled Storyline 360 and reinstalled. 

I've tried existing stories where TTS worked before and I've tried a brand new story.

• Hi Lynn!

So sorry for the trouble this is causing! We've identified an outage with one of our service providers, and in addition to intermittent errors uploading content, we're seeing errors with trial sign-ups and Storyline 360 Text-to-Speech. 

I'll be sure to update this discussion when this outage is resolved.

You can also subscribe to updates at https://www.articulatestatus.com/

MikeMessner
    Community Member

Thanks Lynn and Lauren

I thought I was losing my mind.   Looking forward to hearing about the resolution to the outage.

• I am having the same issue with TTS (text to speech). Thank you for sharing the status link! I was doing the same thing (rebooting and reinstalling). Happy I found this discussion post. 

• yeah, me too. Frustrating when you spend an hour trying to do one thing, and it turns out not to be operator error. Oh well. I hope to hear there's a resolution, shortly.

• Hi everyone!

As promised, I'm reporting back to share that all services are operational! You can now use text-to-speech in Storyline 360.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues. Thank you so much for being patient with us as we worked with our provider to resolve this issue.

• uhm, no you can't. The speech to text is not currently displaying at least for Mac users running Parallels. This is really a problem. 

• Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing! Since I'm currently seeing Text-to-Speech work as expected in a virtual machine, connecting with our support team is an excellent next step.

I see you've already started a case with us, so be on the lookout for a reply soon!