Forum Discussion

hkanstrm
Community Member
3 years ago

Themes - how is this a priority release?

My five cents on these new "functions" .
On the positive side, i can see freelancers appreciating this function with many different customers and some more look and feel options to differentiate.
But...
I want to voice my concern on the priority choice of releases.
Themes was not the missing piece i have waited for. I am not a free lancer.
I think in our company we have maybe around a hundred licenses globally..? or there about.. 

I  wish for the pedagogical tool development to gain more strength, smarter functions for separating measurements/ combing results etc...flexible navigation settings etc..
And yesterday was that delivery time.
It simply is not a competitive setup at this point.
My assigned tool hurts the business.

I would hope that priority would be to gain storyline basics (minus the programming)  made in a rise way.
A simpler list then that is not needed.
That is the basics. Bare minimum.

A few  examples, improvements and flexibility needed on the rise quiz function.
-Real branching based on answers
-Only view the questions you didn't pass and option or mandatory to take them again
-Scoring on answers / choices..
Additive quiz results, from several quizzes, to total completion/passing the course.

And that is just a few of the things i know are done in storyline, that i want in rise.

I can live with the current limited layout options for a while longer, if we see progress on the above , what i think is basics today.

From my perspective, i hope to see coming releases that has value for the course development side of rise.

Im sorry to say i dont see a priority  development value in the recent changes/additions. Someone has obviously put their time and resources into this, so i just want to say, i think it was the wrong way to use your resources.

I am frankly quite surprised over this themes release especially in terms of function delivery / resources priority.

If i needed themes, i needed a global set of themes. Meaning anything under my domain/team could change where ever it is in the rise system. Not course by course.

On yet a positive note , very much looking forward to the already communicated media library implementation, in the rise way.

But for me the basics still has to come first.
Functional and intelligent flexible quiz / knowledge data gathering functions based on sound pedagogical principles. 
All other things are priority 2 and below.

• We appreciate the feedback you shared with us. I've added your voice to these feature requests. We'll update this thread if we make any changes that can help!

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

hkanstrm
      Community Member

Hi Hazel, Thank you for listening to your users. Highly appreciated.