Forum Discussion

PaulJohns-311ff
Community Member
9 days ago

Titles of interactions on the LMS

Hi, my LMS Co-ordinator has contacted me asking if I could rename the questions in my Storyline 360 course to be a bit more obvious on the LMS.

So for a multiple choice question the LMS shows the text from the Form View in Storyline which is ideal as it shows for example 'What is the capital of England?' and then shows what they input and what the correct answer is.

BUT for a text entry interaction when i click on Form View there is no initial text field. Nothing is being sent to the LMS so it just says 'Text Entry Interaction' which isn't any good when the course I've created has say 10 text entry interactions.

What text block is sent to the LMS as the question text? Again for multiple choice its the one in Form View, but what is it for a Text entry ?

Many thanks

• Are they freeform questions?

You can paste the question placeholder from a graded question and can move off slide it will get picked up by the LMS

• A slide's Title box has a different icon than a standard text box.

For graded questions, the Title box is used for the questions. That indicates what content to send to the LMS/LRS. 

Bonus tip: If you add text boxes to the Master Question layout, be sure they are all beneath the initial Question Title box and Question Choice box on the Timeline. Otherwise, the content could get messed up. 

• Hi Phil, thanks for the reply

I've created a normal graded question and then taken that text and pasted it onto my question (Freeform text entry). I can tell its different to the text there before as on the timeline it has a slightly different icon.

But i've just uploaded it to the LMS and ran it and it still says 'Text Entry Interaction'

I'll keep trying, thankyou

• Thanks Judy. I have a text entry question which i converted to freeform. I've now added a title box to this slide but when i run the question and check the results on the LMS it doesnt show that text, just keeps saying 'Text entry question' which isn't any help for the examiner who checks it after. Frustrating!

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Here are a few things to try:

• Apply a layout that includes a Title box to the freeform text-entry slide. 

• Insert a new Graded Fill-in-the-blank question. Redesign it to match the look of the freeform version. Be sure to keep its standard Title box. 

If neither of those options fix the issue, contact the support staff: https://access.articulate.com/support/contact

• Thanks both of you. I created a new graded question and tried to 'copy' the title box but that didnt seem to work. In the end I found a title box on another slide which worked previously, so I copied/pasted that on the text entry screens and it works. So thanks both of you