Forum Discussion

ManaseeSawant-c
Community Member
2 years ago

Unable to preview the slides and unable to publish the SCORM

Till Morning my colleague could use storyline file and pre-view the slides too. But suddenly it stopped and showing the pop-up as shown in the attachment.

ArjunSuhass
    Community Member

The same issue happened with me on one of my accounts if you get any solution then please let me know too. what could be the reason? any kind of help would be appreciated.

BethAbell
    Community Member

We have been having the same issue for the past month now. I've had a ticket into articulate since May with no resolution.

• try again and if the error message appears - please click on the blue text button "information", then a second window will open with more informations

just copy the text from the second window and post it here

BethAbell
    Community Member

<ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <UserId>auth0|5aff12ca438d11235fbaf15e</UserId>
    <HardwareId>TVVUU-84SDL-T610W-315P3-FUK1A</HardwareId>
    <Message>The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\beth022\Documents\My Articulate Projects\GEOTAB Overview\story_content\5YyasLxqpNc_44100_56_1.mp3' because it is being used by another process.</Message>
    <StackTrace> at void System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(int errorCode, string maybeFullPath)
    at void System.IO.FileStream.Init(string path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, int rights, bool useRights, FileShare share, int bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, string msgPath, bool bFromProxy, bool useLongPath, bool checkHost)
    at new System.IO.FileStream(string path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at void Articulate.Audio.Design.Id3TagV1Editor.AddMd5Hash(string filename, string hash)
    at bool Articulate.Audio.Design.AudioConversion.ToMp3(string infilename, string outfilename, IAudioConversionProgress progress, Frequencies frequency, EncodingBitrates bitrate)
    at bool Articulate.Audio.Design.AudioConversion.InternalWaveToMp3(string infilename, string outfilename, IAudioConversionProgress progress, Frequencies frequency, EncodingBitrates bitrate, string infotext)
    at bool Articulate.Audio.Design.AudioConversion.PublishMp3Internal(string source, string target, Frequencies frequency, EncodingBitrates bitrate, ref int duration, IAudioConversionProgress progress)
    at bool Articulate.Audio.Design.AudioConversion.PublishMp3(string source, string target, string settings, ref int duration, bool normalizeAudio, IAudioConversionProgress progress)
    at string Articulate.Design.Publish.Player.PlayerUtils.CreateMp3AudioFile(IPlayerService service, string sourceAudioFilePath, string mp3FileNameNoExtension, string friendlyName, IAudioConversionProgress progress, out int duration, bool canNormalize, bool preserveOriginalFile)
    at bwAudio Articulate.Design.Publish.Player.PlayerUtils.AddAudio(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slideobj, string id, string sourceFilePath, string mp3Filename, string friendlyName, IAudioConversionProgress progress, bool canNormalize, IAsset closedCaptionsAsset, bool preserveOriginalFile)
    at bwAudio Articulate.Design.AudioPublisher.CreateBwAudio(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide, AudioApi audioApi, Args args)
    at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.DataModel.Shapes.Sound&lt;TModel&gt;.CreateStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
    at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.DataModel.Shapes.Shape&lt;TModel&gt;.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
    at bwStageObject Articulate.Design.DataModel.Shapes.Shape&lt;TModel&gt;.Articulate.Player.IPlayerShape.GetStageObject(IPlayerService service, bwSlideBase slide)
    at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.WriteShapes(IEnumerable&lt;IPlayerShape&gt; shapes, bwSlideBase slideobj)
    at bwSlide Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateSlideObject(IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
    at void Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateBridgewaterSlide(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerSlide slide, bwISlideContainer sceneobj)
    at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerContentPublisher.CreateContentScenes(PlayerWriterSettings settings, IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
    at bwContent Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.WriteContent(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
    at bool Articulate.Player.PlayerWriter.Write(IPlayerContentProvider contentProvider)
    at void Articulate.Design.Publish.PublishWorker.PerformPublish()
    at void Articulate.Design.Publish.TargetContext+PublishBackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
    at void Articulate.ComponentModel.STABackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(object argument)</StackTrace>

• <Message>The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\beth022\Documents\My Articulate Projects\GEOTAB Overview\story_content\5YyasLxqpNc_44100_56_1.mp3' because it is being used by another process.</Message>

perhaps a problem with the virus scanner or another monitoring program

which virus scanner are you using?

you could put the directory

C:\Users\beth022\Documents\My Articulate Projects\

on the exclusion list