Forum Discussion

LaurieKinzie-c1
Community Member
3 years ago

Using a Radio Button for an Acknowledgement/Agreement

Is our LMS able to collect a radio button response for an acknowledgement?  Here is a snippet of what I mean.

We want proof in our LMS that the user acknowledged the agreement.  

SteveGannon
    Community Member

One way to do this, Laurie, is to insert a graded True/False question slide. Make the correct answer "True" but relabel it as "I acknowledge." Hide the False radio button (just draw a white rectangle over it). Then format the slide just as you have it the image you attached.

Next, insert a blank Results slide after the Acknowledgement slide and have it track the value of your 1-slide (T/F question) "quiz" (passing score should be set to 100%). You can add anything to the Results slide, such as "Thank you for reviewing the Confidentiality Agreement" or whatever.

• I'll add a few notes to what Steve said.

• Instead of using True/False and hiding the False button, you could have the True option say "I acknowledge" and the False option say "I do not acknowledge."
      • If they don't acknowledge, the user would reach the Failure layer of the Results slide. From there, you could steer them back to review the content, and give them a button to re-answer the acknowledgement question.
    • If you are only going to present the "I acknowledge" option, you can use a multiple-choice question with only possible response. 
    • Be sure to set the question Feedback and Shuffle to "None."