Forum Discussion

TracyCarroll
Community Member
2 years ago

Using ChatGPT as a SME

Blog post/Demo: Using ChatGPT as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) - https://tracycarroll.net/using-chatgpt-as-a-sme/

As an Instructional Designer and eLearning developer, I’ve been wondering how I can use AI tools to my advantage. Like everyone else, I’ve been experimenting with what ChatGPT can do. This blog post is the first of three parts, where I create a video promo and course outline, without the aid of a human subject matter expert. 

• What an interesting experiment! It is amazing what AI can do nowadays.

Still, I was glad that you said you wouldn't actually use ChatGPT as a SME. One of the warmings about the software is that it sometimes includes false information.

Whew. We humans are still needed. For a while.  ;-)

TracyCarroll
      Community Member

We're definitely still needed! ChatGPT is not a reliable SME at all, but I've found it's great for sparking ideas when you're stuck. My next step is having it create a course outline. I think it'll show how the human factor is still necessary in instructional design.

• ChatGPT is not here to replace anyone. It is a good partner or mate to assist us in our content creation and ideation activities. 

With ChatGPT, it will improve our productivity and enhance our thinking process. There are more to go. Stay tuned.