Forum Discussion

JeannetteHad028
Community Member
4 years ago

Using Storyline Blocks in Rise

It is very easy to get the Storyline blocks inserted into Rise using Review.

The issue is I have a black box of controls that show, the content therefore looks smaller and it doesn't have as much visual appeal since it doesn't blend white with the rest of the document.

How do I get the Storyline out of this slide control view when it is inserted into Rise through Review publishing?

• Hey Jeannette! I cover how to create a more seamless look in a webinar on Storyline blocks in Rise 360. I've bookmarked the section that covers that and it's available here. I hope that helps!

LiesaRock
    Community Member

Hi, Do I always need to insert a button in Storyline and add a completed/passed trigger to enable users to navigate through Rise?  What are the alternative options you refer to?

I found your video guide easy to follow to add the completed/passed button and it works in Rise but I feel I would like to make it easier for the end user and negate the need to click an additional button.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Liesa!

You'll only add a complete/passed trigger if you want the behavior of the Storyline course to determine when the user moves to the next block. By default, learners can move through the Rise 360 course without interacting with the Storyline block.

I'm not aware of other alternative options. I hope our community members will share a workaround if they have one.

OwenHolt
      Super Hero

Lauren described the method I use perfectly and you can use just about anything to prompt the "complete/passed" trigger.

You can see it in action here: Link