Forum Discussion

Kai-04e9073e-5e
Community Member
10 years ago

Video compression

Hi,

Just checking to see whether anyone else has the issue with the video compression option is disabled when a video file is inserted? I'd really like to have the option to choose whether I want to compress or not. 

Stats:

1.Imported video file via menu. 

2. Imported wmv. file

3. SL2

Ta!

• Thanks Ken. I hope that someone from Articulate can confirm this because I will need to convert. At the same time, there was a time when I added a MP4, but it still didn't give me the option. Maybe it is a bug?

• Hi Kai,

Ken is correct - it only works for MP4 files, and it'll apply to the three most common MP4 profiles: baseline, main, and high. If the Compression property is grayed out in Storyline, it means your video was created with a different profile.  

• Hello,

I am having the same issue, but I upload an MP4 file. What do you mean by "your video was created with a different profile"? I create videos in Camtasia. I need to change the compression setting as it affects the quality of the videos. 

I found this page, but I don't understand what I have to do.

Thank you!

• Hey Eric,

Thank you so much - yes it worked but... the course is now massive and cannot upload to our LMS. Can't have it all, can I? 

Cheers,

Nassia

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Nassia, 

Great to hear that everything is sorted out. Regarding your course's published output size, try using 720p instead of 1080p for your videos - this greatly reduces the size of the videos while still making them clear enough to be presentable.