Forum Discussion

RajivKairon
Community Member
4 hours ago

Video tutorials...and Rise Help...lost in a maze

Looks like Community Help at Articulate is taking the same path as Adobe's Help Community. Hard to find content organized in too many areas. 

Where can I find video tutorials as opposed to reading a lot of text? Used to be I could easily find them and had saved them in my bookmarks. Haven't been back for about 6 months or more, and the bookmarks feature is gone or I am in the wrong place.

Also, I am trying to wrap my head around Rise. I have used Storyline extensively in the past. Appears Rise is more linear in its approach and may not be suited for certain types of training.  So far, finding rise to be overly simplistic and frustrating at the same time.

Used to be I could find Zero to Hero training tutorials easily...but not anymore. 

Lastly, I was playing around with Rise earlier today, can't seem to figure out how to break title into two sentences. Please see attached inline image.

I would like Compliance Essentials to be on a separate line below the AML and OFAC

AML and OFAC

Compliance Essentials

Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RajivKairon
    Community Member

Thank you for your detailed response. Can't cry over spilled milk, but I (am sure other users too) had over 3 years of bookmarked topics. Not sure what the logic was behind wiping them out. Anyway, back to this discussion...so how do I put the title on two lines...I can't seem to find the option...and have wasted over 1 1/2 hour on it. 

I would like Compliance Essentials to be on a separate line below the AML and OFAC

AML and OFAC

Compliance Essentials

I should mention, this course I am working on I am using the AI feature and trying it out...I attended a webinar couple days ago. The AI feature based on my trying it out is definitely helpful and a time saver. I have been using AI engines (Claude, Perplexity, ChatGPT, etc.) for a while and am quite familiar with AI Hallucination. So, when it comes to use of AI in Articulate (Rise and Storyline) is Hallucination an issue to be aware of? Thank you.

• You'll find lots of videos in the Training area: https://training.articulate.com/videos?category=rise

• Note: You can filter the list via product.

The bookmark feature that the old community site had isn't available on the new site. Instead, you can "follow" a given topic by clicking the bell+ icon near the top right corner. 

• Unfortunately, there's no way to retrieve previous bookmarks.

The training area includes a video about the difference between Rise and Storyline. Here's a quick overview:

• Rise is an online app. (Storyline is a desktop app.)
    • Rise is form-based for simplicity. Just fill in the blanks and adjust available settings. However, that also limits how much you can control interactions. (It is possible to insert Storyline blocks.)
    • Rise is designed to be mobile friendly, with the user scrolling through each lesson (instead of clicking through individual slides). 
    • Rise is responsive. In other words, it adjusts the content based on the width of the browser. I think that's why you can't force multiple lines in the title. The title automatically adjusts based on the space available. It could look really weird if there were also line breaks.