Forum Discussion

EugeneChan
Community Member
26 days ago

When "Owner" of the course is no longer available ...

I have created a Rise 360 course. I am the owner of the course. Another author is the manager of the same course. I am wondering whether the course is still available and accessible when the "owner" account is no longer available (and the "manager" account still exists), say because I do not continue to subscribe to Articulate. 

• Hi EugeneChan!

I understand you have questions about a collaborator's access to a course you owned!

I noticed that you've opened a support case as well. It looks like my colleague Darrell is handling your case and just replied to your e-mail sharing insight.

For anyone else discovering this thread with a similar request:

If you have added a collaborator to your course and your subscription expires, the collaborator still has whatever permissions on the course that they used to have. However, no collaborators will be able to move the course from the external connection folder. A manager is able to copy the course (which will copy it into their private file tree), send a course copy, add the course to their shortcuts, and publish the course. An editor is only able to edit the course and add the course to their shortcuts.

Basically, one cannot take full control of the course in this situation. If they are a manager, they can duplicate the course, so they have ownership of that course duplication.

As you may already know, as the course owner, you can change the role of any collaborator or remove them from your course. See this article for more details about collaborator roles.