Forum Discussion

MarineDEMAISON
Community Member
3 hours ago

Who really needs to select 0.5 seconds in the timeline ?

Hello,

This has been making me losing time and driving me mad over and over again when using the timeline to precisely position animations with the voiceover.

Sooo.... What's this "rant" all about?

• Let's put the apparition of your text in order, shall we ?
  • First you click on the ruler to place your cursor. 
  • Then you hit play to see what your slide animations look like from that point
  • Then you wait ... and wait ... and wait ...
  • And nothing happens.
  • Nothing happens, because you have by inadvertance selected a ridiculously small amount of time ... Again !!!
  • And Storyline diligently played you 0.5 seconds of your timeline. Great !

So this happens to me all of the time... Maybe I should revert to a ball mouse ? But with a modern mouse (especially an ergonomic one) when you click, most of the time your mouse moves a bit ... And Storyline diligently selects that annoying half second.

Come on, is it really not possible to have a minimal selection span in the timeline, especially when zoomed out ? Or, better, to click, hold maj, click to select a timespan ?

Cheers !!

• Sometimes I need to review just a small section of my slide. I can't expect Storyline to read my mind when it's my mistake and when it's not. 

It's never happened to me to select by mistake. Just a brief click is necessary. If you linger with your finger on the click then you're not doing it right.

You can change the responsiveness / sensitivity of your mouse by going into your mouse settings in Windows.