Articulate Peek Click Animation

Oct 25, 2022

Long time Storyline/Rise user, first time Peek user.

I could have sworn that my first Peek test video showed an animation at each mouse click with a round circle where I clicked. On subsequent videos that disappeared much to my dismay. Is this actually a feature that I could enable? I can't find anything in the forums but this is definitely a feature I would like to see for screen capture tutorials and troubleshooting, and to be able to toggle on and off with a couple different animation options. Thank you.

4 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Amy,

Having a circle appear when you click your mouse can be set up in your operating system! The steps to turn it on are going to vary depending on the operating system you're using. Generally, you can search for "mouse" in your settings and you will find it in "Pointer options". Once you step that up, you hold the Ctrl key (Windows) or the fn key (Apple) while clicking to display the circle.

I hope this helps!

Amy Hengst

I really like that idea, however can't find this within my settings on my Mac under Accessibility or Mouse. It's possible to make the pointer bigger or differently colored, but not have it record and animate the click. It looks like the animation I saw was actually from a QuickTime recording.  

John Morgan

Hi Amy,

Are you using Parallels to use Storyline 360 on a Mac? If so, Parallels installs Windows on your Mac. So you can set up the mouse feature using Parallels. Then record the Parallels window using Peek 360. Just drag the Peek recording window over the Parallels window.

If that's not an option, you'll need to install a 3rd party software to animate your cursor on a Mac.

I hope this clarifies things a bit!