Can't access the published review item through Editing view anymore

Mar 21, 2023

Hello, my team have published a Rise item and generated a review link. However, now when I am in editing mode and I click on 'Review' I only get the option to republish the Rise module, rather than View it in review. Two team members have experienced this problem now. We can still access the Published review by using the link we generated previously, but can't get to it directly from Edit mode anymore.

This is content that can't be shared, so I can't share the links here. 

5 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi, Emily!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'm happy to help troubleshoot and have a few clarifying questions to start.

• Is this happening with one course or multiple courses that you've published to Review?
    • If this issue is specific to one course, is it possible that the course hasn't been published to Review yet, or it's a copy of a course? 

When I open a course in Rise 360 that hasn't been published, I see the option to publish the course:

When I open a course that I've previously published and select Review, I'm given the option to View in Review 360:

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance, please let me know here or connect with our team privately in a support case.

Emily Takayama

Hi,

This only happened with one course but I was not the person who published it but it had definitely been published to Review already ( I was going in there to action feedback) and it also was definitely not a copy.

I had this issue as did one other colleague (we were both not the publisher) but it seems to have fixed itself now, although I was unable to access the Review version through the edit mode for 2 weeks or so.

Thanks,

Emily

Emily Takayama | Senior Learning Designer | Faculty of Science and Engineering
12 Wallys Walk, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia | mq.edu.au

[cid:image001.png@01D9617F.E5AA1490] [cid:image002.png@01D9617F.E5AA1490]

[cid:image003.png@01D9617F.E5AA1490]
FLEX: I work fully remotely and work a compressed 9 day fortnight (every second Friday off).
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J

This email (including all attachments) is confidential. It may be subject to legal professional privilege and/or protected by copyright. If you receive it in error do not use it or disclose it, notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. The University does not guarantee that any email or attachment is secure or free from viruses or other defects. The University is not responsible for emails that are personal or unrelated to the University's functions.

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the Macquarie University Land, the Wallamattagal clan of the Darug nation, whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land since the Dreamtime. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.

Kelly Auner

Hi, Emily!

Thanks for following up on this. It's strange that the issue has happened intermittently.

• Are you a course manager for this specific course?
  • Did you try viewing the course in an incognito browser?

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved, but please let us know if this happens again so our Support Engineers can investigate what's going on! Also, a quick note that replying via email includes your signature here so you are welcome to edit the post and remove that information if you wish.

Emily Takayama

Good morning,

I'm a course manager and I wasn't using incognito/didn't try with incognito. Not sure if that helps?

Emily Takayama | Senior Learning Designer | Faculty of Science and Engineering
12 Wallys Walk, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia | mq.edu.au

[cid:image001.png@01D962E3.B1CE3600] [cid:image002.png@01D962E3.B1CE3600]

[cid:image003.png@01D962E3.B1CE3600]
FLEX: I work fully remotely and work a compressed 9 day fortnight (every second Friday off).
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J

This email (including all attachments) is confidential. It may be subject to legal professional privilege and/or protected by copyright. If you receive it in error do not use it or disclose it, notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. The University does not guarantee that any email or attachment is secure or free from viruses or other defects. The University is not responsible for emails that are personal or unrelated to the University's functions.

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the Macquarie University Land, the Wallamattagal clan of the Darug nation, whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land since the Dreamtime. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.

Luciana Piazza

Hello Emily!

Thanks for this information. Incognito browsers can help you view the course as if you were a new visitor to the course. It would be helpful to see if you are experiencing this behavior in an incognito window as well. 

Feel free to give that a try, and let us know what you are experiencing! We're happy to assist!