Publishing Storyline 360 Video w/Audio and CC to Review 360 (poor audio quality)

May 17, 2022

Our SMEs like using Peak to create short video clips. We need to embed these within a player than include closed captioning. 

We are able to do this by uploading to YouTube to generate  the .srt or .vtt  transcript files.

Next, we import the video and caption file into storyline with a player allowing cc. All looks and sounds great within Storyline preview. We then publish to Review 360 for embedding in a Rise course. The audio quality is very distorted as if the person is in well. Any tips on how to add cc to Peak videos without losing audio quality?

5 Replies
Andrea Koehntop

Hi Dawn, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

Take a look at this article on best practices for inserting closed captions into Storyline

I want to ask you a couple of questions to begin troubleshooting:

• Is the audio quality distorted in Review 360, or only after you insert it into your Rise course?
  • Which browser(s) are you using when reviewing your course?

I look forward to your answers and helping you work through this issue! 

SWAN Library Services

Hi Andrea,

• The audio quality is bad in Review 360.
  • I've reviewed in both Firefox and Chrome, so that does not seem to be a factor
  • As an experiment, I published to HTML from Storyline with the same problem.

So this appears to be some audio settings within Storyline that distorts audio when publishing. Previewing within Storyline, there is no audio distortion.

Thanks for any advice!