Remove version of course?

Apr 22, 2017

Is there a way to remove a version of a course uploaded erroneously? I uploaded a course over another course that already had comments. (I picked the wrong place from the list when publishing.) The comments are not on the new version. Okay. I'd like to delete that version, but don't see a way to do it. I figured I could just upload a new version of the correct course, but still the comments are not there. They are there if I go back to Version 7, before I made my mistake. Thankfully I have not shared this with the client yet, only a team member, but if I had then their comments would no longer be visible. This is alarming. Am I missing something? The ability to delete versions?

34 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Merit and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

The ability to delete versions is not available yet.

A possible workaround:

If you were to create a copy of a Storyline or Studio course and publish that to Articulate Review it would treat it as a new version/copy so you'd only have that one version and any new feedback added there. The feedback won't carry over from your previous upload, as it'll be a "new course", but your previous course would still be accessible to you in Articulate Review to see the feedback. If feedback is not an issue, then you can delete the older course to keep your Review page cleaned up a bit.

If you are logged in and visit: https://360.articulate.com/review/content you should see all the content you published to Articulate Review and when you hover over each card you should see a set of three dots appear to the right of the content title. If you click there you'll have the option to delete the content item. I recorded a quick Peek to show the behavior.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for chiming in to let us know that you would like to see this feature as well.

I do not have any updates at this time. I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful.

This conversation is linked to the report we are tracking so that we can share any updates we may have in the future and you should now be subscribed to this conversation.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank you for reaching out about adding this feature! I will be providing these comments to our team and adding them to our report. We will be sure to reach out and provide updates on this feature as soon as we have more information! 

Michael,

I am happy to help here! 

With Review 360, another option here is you can publish the course as a new item. This workflow would allow you to send the course to a new group of SMEs. A tip that might help is to rename the course when publishing as a new item. This way, you can differentiate the courses that are in Review 360:

You can find more details on this publishing option here

Nikki  Hall

Vincent- If I publish the course as a new item I no longer have all of my stakeholder feedback in one place. I would have to check two (or more) locations for their feedback.

Also, I prefer to keep the same link throughout the project instead of having to resend a new link every time. I tried this before and it led to a lot of confusion (ie., SMEs were confused why nothing had changed when in fact they were looking at an outdated link).