URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Oct 26, 2021

Is there anyway I can download my own Review360 files?

Disaster has happened in that my HD is making clicking noises and I can't access any of my source files.

Of course I my SME needs to review my files tomorrow with a view to uploading them to them LMS on Friday.

I have 5 of my 6 lessons on Review360 and so I have to recreate 1 lesson this evening so my SME can review all 6 tomorrow ...

... but then I have to rebuild all for Friday morning.

Any ideas? Feeling distraught!

2 Replies
Becca Levan

Oh no, Denise, I'm sorry to hear you're facing this. 

There isn't a way to download a source file from Review 360. Can you still access the hard drive? If so, it may help to see if the .story file is in your temp files:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of the project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

We're also tracking requests for such a feature, so I'll make sure our report is up to date with your voice. Here's a look at how we prioritize such ideas!

Denise Connelly

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU Becca!

I really can't THANK YOU enough!

I've managed to retrieve some very recent versions of each of my files ... two days work on each of them to get them back to what they were (and get some sleep) is very achievable.  So much better than a complete rebuild!

TY again