Audio support for quiz

Apr 13, 2018

I would like to suggest audio support for Rise quizzes. I am developing courses for a music learning website, and the ability to add audio to both the question and the answers would be valuable. I know I can add a Storyline block to accomplish this, but the built-in functionality in Rise would be great. 

49 Replies
Jacq Jameson

Hi, is there any update on audio?

For increased ADA concerns, many of us need audio options in multiple blocks: quizzes, knowledge checks, and gated scenarios are the ones I am aware of.

Additionally, do gated scenarios work with screen readers?

If not, do you have any suggestions on how to make articulate courses ADA compliant?

Thanks!!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jacq! 

Rise 360 doesn't have full screen reader support just yet, but we're working on it! If you use a screen reader on a Rise 360 course now, you may find that it doesn't perform well. We'll let you know when screen reader support is ready.

Also, thanks for letting us know you need more options for audio, including in quiz questions and knowledge checks. I can understand how that would be helpful, so I'd be happy to pass that suggestion along to our team. 

Scott Sand

This is key. I work for a Government Agency and I'm building Rise 360 training pieces and I am having 508 compliance issues with the Knowledge Checks.

If we cannot get this problem solved, I may have to abandon the Articulate platform and move to another of our suite of development tools. I prefer this one because of the ease of use and the time invested but if the time invested doesn't lead to a compliant end product...it is a waste of time.

This thread has been in place for 2 years.

Although it may seem simplistic, couldn't the section that allows media to be uploaded be expanded to allow for Sound Files? I have built the sound files on the Storyline product. Surely it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to allow your own sound files to be uploaded into a sister platform.

Any chance of getting a quick reply? I have decisions to make rather quickly.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Scott,

It sounds like you need the ability for learners with visual impairments to have the option to listen to quiz questions, is that right?

If so, we are adding screen reader support as a part of our efforts to make Rise 360 fully WCAG 2.1 compliant. A screen reader would read every piece of text to the learner, as well as describe any visual elements like images or interactive blocks. 

Does that sound like it fits what you're looking for?

Scott Sand

Alyssa

That sounds exactly like what I need. Any ETA on how soon I can look for the screen reader support? Currently, I'm adding narration to every piece of text so that I can be compliant but because I can't add narration to the KCs it is holding me back.

I've added a separate "508 Compliant Knowledge Check" lesson to my module and I'm trying to use the  buttons to allow multiple pathways but it seems pretty clunky.

The reader would be very, very helpful.

apoje@hughesfcu.org Poje

I'd still like to see this feature, mostly so I can enhance the accessibility features of my team's Rise courses. We like to integrate optional audio everywhere else on the course, but it's simply not an option with Rise quizzes without some annoying workaround with Storyline. If you introduced this feature, I'd start using it tomorrow.