Background colour in Rise

Aug 22, 2018

Hello all,

Is there a way, or will there be an update on Rise which you can change the background colour of a Rise lesson from White to something else?

Cheers, Mits

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mits!

While it isn't possible to change the background color of a lesson, you can change the background color of a block in a Blocks lesson!

Many lesson types are already available as blocks, such as Video, Process, Labeled Graphic, Sorting, and URL/Embed. 

If you want to use one of those lesson types, simply use a Blocks lesson instead! Then, you can change the background color of the lesson.

I hope that helps!

Kenneth Minnich, M.Ed.

The problem with changing only the block colors is that the headers and footers in your published output will remain white, so it won't match.

To change the headers and footer background colors to match your block colors, simply edit the CSS of your published file:

1. Publish your Rise course
  2. Right click on the Index.html file and choose to Edit in Notepad
  3. Make a new line right before the ending </style> tag and add the following CSS code:      .blocks-lesson, .page__header-limit, .page__menu {background-color:red !Important;}  
  4. Change the "red" to whatever hex color code you want
  5. Save your file. Done!

Dylan Smith

@Kenneth Minnich Any chance you would know how to change the color of a particular element my editing the code. I looked through the CSS and can't seem to find anything that calls out specific elements. Looking to change the back ground color for an accordion element not the background color.

Thanks!

Pete Thornton

Hi: I am trying to change the footer colour from white to match the block colours in my published SCORM package. I notice Kenneth has kindly added some advice but I am assuming this is for when the file is exported for Web? I am having trouble changing the footer colour when it is a SCORM. Any advice gratefully received.