block color default change?

Mar 09, 2023

Hi there: 

I'm wondering if it it's possible to change the default background color/font color in a Rise course. 

A use case would be if, as an act of kindness, I wanted to design a Rise course in dark mode (HINT HINT HINT) I changed all of the block backgrounds to something dark and the font colors to something appropriately soothing to the eyes.

I can do that block by block but probably don't need to explain why I don't want to do it that way.  Is there a way to change this globally as a course setting?

14 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Micah! I understand that changing the color by block would be tedious. So sorry that this is the only method available. Thanks for letting us know that you need to change this globally as  course setting in Rise. We're taking feature requests for this and I have added you to the list. We'll update this thread if we make any changes.

Micah Weedman

Thanks Hazel--I get that there are a lot of requests and complaints that ultimately get at the issue of responsiveness, but it seems to me that this would be an easy add-on to the things already adjustable in the new Themes options--a default background color would be a nice global change to make.  Thanks!

Polly Watt

The colours and backgrounds that we use more or less carbon > sustainability.   There should be a move towards darker colour palettes to save energy on screen illumination. Colour palettes using shades of black, green and red colours use the most energy-efficient pixels on newer devices.
Which ties up nicely with requests for dark mode.  

Karl Muller
Polly Watt

The colours and backgrounds that we use more or less carbon > sustainability.   There should be a move towards darker colour palettes to save energy on screen illumination. Colour palettes using shades of black, green and red colours use the most energy-efficient pixels on newer devices.
Which ties up nicely with requests for dark mode.  

Source?