Can you copy a lesson or a portion of a lesson to a new lesson?

May 27, 2020

Hi All,

I've only been using Rise 360 for a day.  I created a very long lesson before realising that I should have split it into portions.   How can I split the lesson without recreating it?  

Thanks in advance for your help,

Katina

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Katina! Thanks for checking out Rise 360! Follow these steps to easily copy content from one lesson to another:

• On the course main menu page, hover over the lesson. Click the three dots icon, and select Duplicate. Now you have two identical copies of the same lesson.
  • In the first lesson, delete all the blocks that should be in the second lesson. Simply hover over the blocks and click the trash bin icon on the right.
  • In the second lesson, delete all the blocks in the first lesson.

Let me know if that helps you!

Karl Muller

Here is another option: Block Templates.

Create a new Block Template of the blocks you want to copy (can consist of a any number of blocks).

Go to the Lesson where you want to insert the block(s) and insert it from the Block Template library. You can use this function to copy blocks to any other course, not just the same Course.

See https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates 

Gren Foronda

Hi Nel! To add to what Karl mentioned, since your trial expired last May 2022, you can still access the content if your user account is added to an active Articulate 360 subscription soon. See this FAQ for more details, and feel free to reach out to sales@articulate.com to chat about your situation.