Can you set passing score in knowledge check blocks in RISE?

Oct 08, 2018

hi!  

I have multiple knowledge check blocks located throughout my course - these are created in RISE. 

Is there a way I can require a certain number of attempts of a correct answer before moving forward to the next section/lesson?

Just looking for a way to guarantee that learners must get all test questions correct in the self-study to pass. 

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

That's a great question, Britney!

Rise knowledge check blocks are an informal way for learners to see how they're progressing with your content.  Knowledge check blocks are not graded, and learners can move forward after submitting a correct or incorrect answer. 

If you want to require learners to answer correctly before moving on, try creating the knowledge check in Storyline and embedding it in Rise using a Storyline block. 

Then, add a continue block to your Rise lesson after the Storyline block to prevent the learner from moving forward until the knowledge check question is answered correctly. Check out this article for details on that setup!

Edith Olexiuc

Hello Alyssa,  is there a way to prevent students from moving on if they don't complete the knowledge checks, I understand they're informal and not graded but I want my students to at least try them. Also, I have a pre and a post quiz which are graded, how do I keep track of the scores? I am creating materials for pre-matriculation and want to know how effective they are by looking at the pre and post scores. I use SCORM to export my courses to Canvas.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Edith!

Karl is spot on for recommending the Continue block to prevent students from moving on if they don't complete the knowledge check. Thanks, Karl!

Now, let's move on to quiz tracking. Rise 360 will send one quiz score to your LMS, so there isn't a way to view both the pre- and post- quiz scores. You'll only be able to view the final quiz score if that's the one you choose for tracking completion.