Centering images in Rise tabs and accordians

Hi team

When adding images to Rise tabs and accordians they are automatically left aligned which is ok if the image is landscape and fills the space but if the image is smaller it doesn't look great. It would be good to have the option to centre images and also resize.  (Maybe I'm missing something?) 

Thanks

Ange

79 Replies
Ken Cobbley

Once again, we have a feature that people have been asking for for YEARS. And once again, we don't get any explanation as to why it hasn't been implemented. Is there a reason the feature can't be added? Is there a timetable to add it? Is it just not going to be added?  If we had some answers, at least we could move on. Saying "make a feature request" for three years seems ridiculous.

Renz Sevilla

Hi All!

Thanks for reaching out and following up with us on this! I understand your frustration at this time and that you need a solution to center the image.

Though we can't commit to a solid time frame just yet, our teams are still tracking requests for this feature. Depending on customer impact, priorities, developmental cycles, and available resources; our planned roadmaps might change. For more information on this, please see how we manage feature requests.

We'll definitely get back to you once we have more news for you all regarding this!

Rukhsana Khan

@renz Thank you for the message BUT the first post was almost 3 years ago to the latest post 20 hours ago, I think it's a huge shame that a feature has been requested (and a pretty basic one at that) by so many people over such a long time and it's still not considered by Articulate. Customer value at zero for me at this point.

Claudia Medina

Dear Nicola, I am about to experiment following a suggestion in this forum to expand the images. My images are big, roughly, 5,389 x 3113 px now. They are pretty big and yet they are aligned on the left leaving a quite space on the right. I would like to know the width of the Accordion or tabs, so that I can expand my images to match that width.  Thanks! Claudia 

Claudia Medina

Dear Allison, I am about to experiment following a suggestion in this forum to expand the images. My images are big, roughly, 5,389 x 3113 px now. They are pretty big and yet they are aligned on the left leaving a quite space on the right. I would like to know the width of the Accordion or tabs, so that I can expand my images to match that width. Thanks! Claudia

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Claudia! 

Images with dimensions of 16:9 work best in an accordion block. At 5389 x 3113 px, your image is almost 16:9! If your image doesn't quite look centered, you can use PowerPoint to add white space on both sides of the image to make it appear centered within the accordion.

Here's how:

• Open PowerPoint.
  • Set the slide size to 16:9.
  • Insert the image on the PowerPoint slide. Scale up the image until it fills the height of the slide.
  • Align the image to the center of the slide.
  • Save the PPT file as a PNG image.
  • Insert the PNG image in the accordion block.

Please let me know if that helps!