Changing starting image for the Video Multimedia block

Mar 08, 2019

Hey all,

I am doing a series of courses with a lot of video components. When I add a video into Rise, is there a way that I can change what the starting preview looks like? (see attached screenshot).

Some of my videos are alright for that initial preview (before the user presses play), but some of them are quite unflattering. 

If Rise does not have this functionality, any suggestions on how else I can do this? I have both Mac and PC. 

Thanks,

Cody Wanberg

8 Replies
Neil Stadlman

You might try REPLAY 360 which is part of Articulate 360.  It allows you to insert an image at the beginning of a video clip much like a poster frame.  It's also great for adding a Lower Third. Insert your video, make adjustments, and then publish.  You can then insert your output into Rise.

I have found REPLAY 360 to be a great asset is working with video and audio within the Articulate framework.  

Allison LaMotte

Hi Cody,

Right now, there isn’t a way to do that in Rise 360. Our team has a feature request logged for this capability and I'll make sure your voice gets added to the discussion.

In the meantime, Neil's suggestion to use Replay 360 to add a poster frame is a great workaround.

If there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Cherie Todd-Williamson

Hi, have there been any updates on this request? I also would love to see this option added. I'm currently adding videos of workshops to my Rise pages that have been recorded in Zoom. However, the image displayed on the Rise page shows a big blue Zoom block. It would be great to have the ability to edit this.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Cherie!

Rise 360 displays the first frame of the video by default, but it sounds like you would rather it display another image. You could use a video editing tool like Replay 360 to add a screenshot of another frame to the beginning of the video.

1. Take a screenshot of the video frame of your choice.
  2. Add the screenshot to the first frame of the video. 
  3. Re-upload the video back into Rise 360.

Let me know if you'd like some help with that!