Colour overlay on cover photo

Mar 20, 2023

Hi everyone.

I've just built a microlearning course using Rise 360, and noticed that when I changed to a green accent colour, it adds a green colour overlay over the cover page photo of the course, making it look less than appealing.

Is there a way of removing the colour overlay from the cover image while keeping the green accent?

Thanks in advance.

21 Replies
Ray Parkinson

The image does not have a tint of green - although it is a pale brown colour. You can see this in the background image thumbnail in the top left of the screenshot above.

I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that will allow me to turn off the colour overlay from the cover page background image.

John Morgan

Hi Ray,

Yikes! A color overlay being added to the photo on your cover page is definitely not expected after changing the accent color in Rise 360! I’m happy to get this sorted out with you!  I have a couple of follow-up questions regarding the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Is this the only time you have seen the overlay or has it happened in multiple Microlearnings?
  • It sounds like you added the cover page photo and then changed the accent color. Does the same thing happen if you reserve the steps?

Would you be willing to share your Microlearning with me or with our support engineers privately in a support case?

Here are the steps to share a course with me!

1. Click the three dots in the top right corner of the Microlearning on your Rise 360 content page.
  2. Click "Send a copy"
  3. Type "support@articulate.com" in the email field.
  4. In the message field, type "This course is for John Morgan".

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

wali ahmad

Here's how you can do it:

1. Go to the "Design" tab in the course editor.
  2. Click on "Colors" in the left-hand menu.
  3. Under "Accent color," select your desired shade of green.
  4. Scroll down to "Background images" and click "Upload image" or select the existing cover image.
  5. Once you have selected your cover image, click on it to open the image editor.
  6. In the image editor, click on the "Adjustments" tab.
  7. Under "Tint," move the slider all the way to the left to remove the green color overlay.
  8. Click "Save" to apply the changes to your cover image.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove the green color overlay from your cover image while keeping the green accent color in your Rise 360 course.

Andy Rogers

Hi all. I'm having a similar issue. I've been using .svg files for all our learning courses over the past year (creeping into the 100's). They've always looked great, scaling perfectly in Rise. Suddenly for both microlearning and courses content, transparency in the course images defaults to our theme color of orange, this creates a real issue when it used to simply carry the background color (white). Additionally, in microlearning, the theme color has completely taken over the course images in our dashboard. Any ideas on how to resolve this so it functions as it did before? 

Chance Hunter

I figured out what was going on. Thanks for the reply!

[cid:58565c92-ccb3-4733-8ae6-5e4a68e896b9]

[cid:72766696-bde9-49d9-90ee-7eeb130e3dcc]

Chance Hunter

Manager, Sales Learning & Development

HSI

[cid:ef1a336f-a971-4ade-9340-aa3956e876bf]

(405) 438-6294

[cid:14bfaede-484a-46af-8bbb-7caabe44fae7]

chunter@hsi.com

[cid:ccec044f-d7a3-45f2-b3a6-ec141540e90d]

www.hsi.com

[cid:f9e1ddd1-471c-4fd4-a070-3fec7acd3c3f]