Course image on cover page

Feb 21, 2023

In themes: Cover Page: Course image:

There is no option to delete the small pic previously added. Options for edit only appear top be:

replace, crop, or text contrast.

How do I get rid of the image please?

16 Replies
sarah hood

Had that very bad feeling myself - thank you so much for replying.

Sarah Hood | e-Learning Design | Content Management
Goodfellow Unit
Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care | School of Population Health
The University of Auckland | Grafton Campus | Bldg 507 room 3002
22-30 Park Ave, Grafton, Auckland, 1023
Phone 09 923 7998 | Mob 027 5488979
www.goodfellowunit.org

Karl Muller

Hi Sarah,

That image helps a lot.

What appears in this area (image/color/pattern) is under you control, and there are several options for you to explore.

The settings are in the THEMES tab under Navigation.

The available options are also determined by the Theme you have selected (Rise/Apex/Horizon).

sarah hood

Understood your email, thanks Karl. l've created around 80 courses in Rise, so get the whole 'Themes' thing. They are great arent they, except not having a remove option on Cover Image pic edit.

My issue was when editing someone else's work, I could change the layout to get the solid color header instead of a pic (yay), but the Course Image pic would NOT change to the solid blue (as shown in first attachment) and as there is no 'remove' button on the edit options for "Course Image' pic, I came to the forum to seek help.

The second attachment shows the Course Image pic after I had recreated the entire course just to get the blue in top LHS.

sarah hood

I know that.

Go create a course using a pic in header.

Save it.

Export it.

Come back in and try and edit the master in Rise.

Good luck .

Sarah Hood | e-Learning Design | Content Management
Goodfellow Unit
Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care | School of Population Health
The University of Auckland | Grafton Campus | Bldg 507 room 3002
22-30 Park Ave, Grafton, Auckland, 1023
Phone 09 923 7998 | Mob 027 5488979
www.goodfellowunit.org

RISE1 LIUNA

Hi, everyone. I'm having a related isssue. I can't seem to replace the cover image. This option is on the menu, but when I try to select "Replace image" nothing happens. It's a puzzle, because all other option on that dropdown are functioning, except Replace image. Help!?

Replace image

Replace from content library

Crop image

Overlay

Edit alt tag

P.S. Screenshot is not attaching here for some reason.

Luciana Piazza

Hi RISE1 LIUNA, 

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. 

• What browser are you currently using? Do you notice a difference if you change browsers?
  • Do you experience this behavior if you try to replace the cover image in a private or incognito window? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!