Cover Page Font

Sep 15, 2022

Hello, I have uploaded custom fonts but it seems like the only font that doesn't get applied is the Cover Page...can you not change the font of the cover page?

Pinned Reply
32 Replies
Patrick Mannion

We are experiencing this issue as well. The cover pages for our courses now all have a very bold default font that is being forced upon them. This has caused stress and turmoil for our ID team.

It looks correct in the edit mode, but when we switch to the Preview mode, this default font gets forced onto the cover page.

Our company has a very conscientious “brand” look & feel when it comes to both our internal and exterior communications, and it took us a LONG TIME to attain a cross-functional consensus on how our Rise courses are allowed to look.  It's incredibly embarrassing for our instructional designers to distribute our in-progress work to stakeholders and almost immediately have people pointing out our obvious "mistake" in using a non-adherent font.

Articulate staff: Please, you need to FIX THIS, and you need to fix it FAST.

Patrick Mannion

And here is Articulate’s response after I submitted a support case:

Thanks for contacting Articulate Support!

I understand that your theme fonts do not get applied to the cover page of your Rise 360 course.

That's how it currently works. I submitted a feature request to our product team on your behalf. You may have already received a confirmation email for it.

We welcome your ideas, and you can always submit your feature requests to our developers here: https://articulate.com/fr

Our customers drive our product roadmap, and your suggestions really do make a difference!

Needless to say, I'm not terribly amused.

Phil Robinson

I did some digging on my end. I have SCORM packages of previous versions of a project before the recent enhancement to themes. everything was fine. When this enhancement was released, this issue arose, something was broke, as shown by the images above.

Like other users above, I have a client in the middle of a Go to Market project that is conscientious about their “brand” look & feel. I hope you are listening. This CAN NOT be a FEATURES request, as stated above.  You enhanced something, you broke something in the meantime. 

We cannot settle for "this is a features request." we all know how long that takes. This needs to be escalated, you broke it. If publishing stops working, we all get an email saying you are working on it and it get's resolved quickly. I commend Articulate for this communication and service, it is commendable. This falls in the same realm. 

Crystal Horn

Hey folks, a quick update:

I want to validate that yes, custom fonts were applied to the course title until a few months before our release of the Themes feature. While we're still looking into the Rise theme, custom fonts will apply to your course title in the Apex and Horizon themes.

I'll post updates here if we make a change to the Rise theme title font behavior.

Patrick Mannion

But then we can’t customize our themes. That’s really the whole point. It’s not that we care ONLY about the cover page font, it’s that we ALSO care about the cover page font.

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication

David Tait

I've been thinking a bit more about this. Saying as the Horizon and Apex themes do work and do display custom fonts on the cover screen, why can't this fix be applied to the Rise theme?

Is it because doing so would break exisiting courses using the Rise theme? 

If so, could Articulate duplicate the Rise theme, give it another name (e.g. Rise 2.0) and apply the fix?

The other two themes are too stylised to work with the corporate branding that we usually need to apply, e.g. the star that appears above the title on the Horizon cover, or the shape of the header image on Apex. As a result we're in the realms of having to try and alter the title font post-publish.

Patrick Mannion

They could have left well enough alone, as the default was a default of their choosing. They ACTIVELY disabled the ability to use a font of our choosing, as they wanted control over what our work looks like on the front end.

Basically, they want uniformity, and don’t trust us with font choices. I should be able to choose Papyrus or Comic Sans if that’s my need.

This message and any attachments are Confidential Information, for the exclusive use of the addressee and may be legally privileged. Any receipt by anyone other than the intended addressee does not constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any other distribution, use or reproduction is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this communication