Creating Microlearning from existing Rise360 course

Mar 08, 2023

I wonder if there is a simple way to take existing content from a full Rise 360 course and create microlearning segments. When I try to select content and "copy to another course," my new folder containing the microlearning files does not appear as an option. It seems I can only copy into another full course. Is there a workaround? Or do I really have to re-create all the content as microlearning experiences? I really hope not :(

8 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Jen,

First, keep in mind that Microlearning allows the creation of a single Lesson.

There is no conversion utility, but you can use Block Templates to copy content from an existing Rise course to a new Microlearning.

Go to your current Rise course and open the Lesson that has the content you want to move to Microlearning. Save the blocks you want to move as a new Block Template. You can select all the blocks in a Lesson.

Create a new Microlearning and edit it.

Right below the Microlearning title, insert the newly saved Block Template  from the Block Template Library.

See https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates 

Jen Obando

Well, I have my Knowledge Checks as stand-alone items in a lesson. When trying to copy the workflow above, I do not see the option to create a new block; I'm assuming it's because I'm not in a lesson, per se. I decided to create the KC in Canvas anyway to avoid grade-syncing issues. Thanks again for the tip!

Jen Obando

Thanks folks, that's good to know. I've decided to create the quizzes in the LMS that will house the content anyway. I appreciate all your help.

Warmest regards,

Jeniffer Obando

[A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature]

(she/her)

Senior Instructional Designer

WebCampus

STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

facebook • twitter • linkedin • youtube

Book time with Jeniffer Obando