Jun 03, 2020
Greetings Rise Community,
I am a JS developer trying to understand which options are available for embedding my own custom JS content in the rise.articulate.com platform.
- Custom JS drag and drop interactions
- Choose your own adventure branching scenarios
- Branching video player
I understand there are two options for embedding 'custom content' in the player:
- Create a Storyline interaction > publish to Review 360 platform > Insert into module as a Storyline Interactivity Block. From what I understand, this method enables me to block learner progress until a learner completes the Storyline interaction.
- Host my interactions on my own server, embed them into a page using the Multimedia > Embed block, then inserting my iframe code in the Content pane.
I have been successful integrating my own custom content using option 2, however, my interactions do not 'talk' to the Rise course player in any way. I'm interested to know the following:
- Is there a way to block learner progress until they have completed a custom JS interaction?
- Is there an API or method call that I can use in my interactions to unlock the next page of the course?
- Is there any discussion to include this type of behavior in forthcoming releases?
Thanks in advance for any replies!