Disable video pop-up

May 24, 2023

Hey all, 

I wondering if there is a solution to this or a possible workaround. Our training content must meet specific time requirements, because this is not an option within Rise (I hope this will change some day sooner than later), we were trying to add a video with directions that lasts the duration needed. However when viewing content on a mobile device, videos pop-up and if you close out, the content stops playing. If you embed the video or have it play from an outside source, that content in not registered by the continue button that we generally use to prevent people from moving forward. 

I hope this question make sense and someone is able to offer a work around. Thank you in advance! 

2 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Katherine,

You can embed your video and then add a Checkbox List block between the video and your Continue button (as shown in an example below):

embed

The learner needs to click this button first before the Continue button becomes available.

We'll also update this thread once we have a course timer available with Rise.

Katherine Doffing

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with a solution. 

I am looking for a solution that allows the video to play in the background and not require the user to mark completed. 

For example, our "content" is only about 1 min with the rest of the time being a "place holder" so to speak. 

I will hold out for now until timers are available!