Embed PDF error

Feb 11, 2021

Hello,

When we embed the PDF file, in preview sometimes it shows the pdf embedded, and sometimes it is a blank white screen. What is the procedure to embed the pdf file that when we preview it shows? 

And I am not talking about attachment feature but embedding feature.

Thanks!  

5 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Hanta, I am here to help. To confirm you are embedding your PDF file into Storyline 360? I recommend hosting your PDF in a hosting service; this will ensure that the PDF has the proper permissions for it to appear in your published course. You can try Amazon S3, which offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a small fee. See this video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Amazon S3

Lea Agato

Hi Hanta! It isn’t possible to view web objects during preview.  You will need to publish your course in order to view the web object. 

If you want your PDF file to be available during preview, you can try adding the PDF as an image within a scrolling panel. Here’s how:

1. Convert your PDF to a PNG (or a similar image file). You can try using this free option from Adobe
  2. Insert the image/s into a scrolling panel

This option is also useful if you need to view your course offline. Please let me know how this works for you!