Embedding Into Rise 360

Mar 20, 2024

Hi everyone. I have a question about embedding a secure website into Rise. When I embed the website, Rise pulls up random pictures and text that has nothing to do with the video I've selected. Is there a way to change the image and/or text selected in an embedded website?

Destiny

6 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Destiny,

Happy to look into this for you!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the behavior you're seeing as well as a link to the website you're embedding if possible so we can check if the issue is isolated? To set your expectations, there isn't a way to customize the preview of the embedded content shown in Rise 360, but I'd like to see if playing around with the iframe code makes a difference. 

Destiny Simms

Here's a link to the page. https://hadleyhelps.org/workshops/cooking-series/cooking-using-sharp-knives

The image embedding is from the bottom of the page and unrelated to the content. The text under the image is not on this page but is elsewhere on the site. I tried testing the embed on facebook and got the correct image and text. Thanks so much!

Steven Benassi

Hi Destiny!

Thanks for sharing the URL!

To clarify, were you trying to embed this website using an iframe or with the URL itself? Testing the behavior using an iframe, the website refused to connect. This would suggest that particular website does not support embedding its content in an iframe. It's possible this website may work if your course is hosted internally. However, we would be unable to test that type of setup on our end.

Testing the behavior by embedding the URL itself displays the website as expected for me.

embed-URL

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Destiny Simms

Hi Steven. I used the website link, embed option. I just pasted  the website into the link. As you said, the iframe option doesn't work. Also, I embedded into a tab interaction. Could you try that and see if it works for you? Even in your example above, the wording underneath the embed is incorrect. Those are not words from that particular video.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Destiny,

The words in the embed link preview are taken from the bottom part of the website. 

It looks like the preview is showing a condensed version of the embedded link, and there isn't a way to modify this appearance since the content is being hosted on a third-party platform. 

I'll let other members of the community who are more familiar with embedding third-party content chime in in case they may have a solution that you can use!