Estimated Seat Time or Duration of Course

Jan 09, 2019

Does Rise have a feature like Storyline360 that allows you to see an estimated Duration of the Course?

111 Replies
Solotech  Academy

Would love for this to be an option! I now Microsoft forms has this option and it allows us to gage how long we are making a a survey or form. I know that it is a different app, but having this option on Rise would be great to gage just that, making sure courses are not too long and also being able to give a clear estimated duration so that managers and employees can properly plan and schedule training.  

Jennifer Young

As a work-around right now, I have used a "text-to-reading time" calculators before and copy pasted text sections I have written in Rise to estimate how long it would take to read my sections. I would recommend using this as you build sections or blocks so you aren't having to copy/paste the entire course into the calculator at one time. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Sharon!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our team has been prioritizing other features, but I've included your voice in the feature report! We'll update this discussion if this feature makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, here's a closer look at how we manage feature requests.

Emotiva Lab

+1000.  This feature would be so useful. There isn't a client of ours who doesn't ask us that very same question and it's very frustrating to always have to say "look, I would say xx minutes..." with my fingers crossed behind my back. Disappointed with how slow you guys are to implement these changes with so much demand!