Exit Course Link Not Working

Mar 12, 2024

Hello, 

I activated the option to: Exit Course Link, Add a link that lets learners easily return to an LMS.

But I can't see (there is no option) to add a link and the EXIT CTA button doesn't work (even though I have turned this function ON).

When I do click the CTA button EXIT COURSE TO BE TAKEN TO THE ASSESSMENT it just jumps up to another section within the same page. 

Thank you.

Lyneece 

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi,

Whether you even need to use the Exit course link in the first place, and how it behaves when clicked, is determined entirely by how your LMS is set up and functions.

Generally speaking, the Exit course link communicates to the LMS that the current learning session is done.

Our LMS is set up to open the Rise course in a new window over the LMS window that remains open in the background. 

We found that when students were done with their current learning session, they simply closed the top window that contained the course. What happened, is that no student data was sent back to the LMS. This meant that students had to restart the course the next time when they should have resumed where they previously left off. 

We then turned on the Exit course link and instructed the students to use it. What happens now, is that when clicked, the student data is first sent to the LMS, and only then the window with the course is automatically closed.

So there is no link for you to setup as this is handled by the LMS. 

If you are running your courses within the LMS interface itself, you may not need to use the Exit course link at all.

I don't know what the  CTA button is that you are referring to.

See https://youtu.be/ZlHKaAuUIBo