Export to LMS, Scorm 2004 4th edition, incorrect data reported (bug?)

May 10, 2023

I exported my course to LMS Scorm 2004 4th edition, track using quiz result, quiz pass mark 80%, exit course link is enabled.

After fully completing the course in Scorm Cloud the status is shown as "unknown"

When adding the course to Moodle (3.11.6) the status is also shown as passed when it should, but the completion status is incomplete. The session time is recorded as 1 second.

When exporting the same course with Scorm 1.2, same export options, and uploading to Scorm Cloud to test, the course completes with the completed/passed status.

When performing the same in Moodle (3.11.6) the results are that it sets the status of passed. The time taken is also correct (around 1 minute).

Please clarify the expected behaviour when exporting to Scorm 2004 (any edition) when tracking using a quiz and reporting passed/incomplete.

2 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Tim, 

Thanks so much for reaching out about the behavior you're experiencing within Moodle and SCORM Cloud. I understand your frustration when not seeing the correct status on your end.

To start off, I'd like to share this article that shows additional details on how to report completion status and success status to an LMS. It sounds like you are working with the latest and greatest version of SCORM 2004. Great to know! Have you tried publishing with any other LMS standards? I'm curious if you'd receive different results.

I'd like to test this behavior on my end to see if I'm getting the same results. Would it be possible for you to upload your .story file to this thread? We can also take a look privately within a support case if you are more comfortable with that option. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!