Find and replace in Rise?

Nov 08, 2017

Hi team

Loving Rise and the enhancements that keep coming through.

One that would be extremely useful is find and replace. I can find on the page I'm on using Ctrl+F but to be able to make blanket changes across the course would be fantastic!  

Regards

Ange

184 Replies
Bill McKee

It has been over a year since we have heard anything from the "staff" on this and it has been over 5 years and 156 "replies" about or requesting this feature. As it is not currently posted on the future road map for Rise 360 (Articulate 360 - Articulate 360 Feature Roadmap - Articulate Support) that suggests that is not coming soon either. It would be nice to know where the staff sees this on their priority list or if there is some other 'technical' issue that keeps it from being implemented as it appears that there is enough demand. Just curious.

Kelly Auner

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching out!

I don't have an update on this feature request just yet. We evaluate feature requests alongside our queue of bug fixes, new features already on the roadmap, and other projects. If a new feature makes it onto the roadmap, our team develops and tests it.

I've added your vote and will be sure to update this discussion with our progress!

CHARLES RUSSELL

You should really be more careful with the use of the word heroes. You’re defining it down drastically. If a person creating or completing e-learning is a hero, then what would you call an Arm Ranger, Navy Seal Team, or Police Officer that risks their lives?

Chuck Russell
ERP Training Consultant
Enterprise System Learning & Development | America’s
VERTIV | 530 Westar Blvd | Westerville, Ohio, 43082, USA
M 614.339.9988
www.VertivCo.com | Connect with Vertiv on social media
https://www.vertivco.com/en-us/about/about-vertiv/connect-with-us

CHARLES RUSSELL

I was able to do a find and replace but there are many people in the community that think it is still not a feature of Storyline!

Chuck Russell
ERP Training Consultant
M 614.339.9988

Chris Rosso

Chuck,

Find and replace has been around in Storyline for years. We are talking about Rise here.

-c

---
Chris Rosso (he/him/his)
Sr. Director, Global Service & Delivery, Learning & Development

Gartner
Direct: +1 239 318 3864 | Mobile: +1 402 661 4475
chris.rosso@gartner.com
gartner.com

CHARLES RUSSELL

Hi Chris,

Sorry for my confusion, I just came back from two weeks off and have been rushing to get through emails. I used Rise 360 pretty extensively to create courses and am not 1000 percent up to speed on all of it’s capabilities. Is there a way to search and replace content at the course level? Here we have a very dynamic project software implementation and often we get nomenclature and business role title changes that can effect large courses and multiple courses.

Chuck Russell
ERP Training Consultant
M 614.339.9988

Chris Rosso

All good, Chuck!

At present, no. There are a number of workarounds in Rise. There is search capability and a few ingenious workarounds for exporting and reimporting changed text in this thread. But no, nothing native. Hence the thread.

That said, I’d love to take this opportunity to underscore the need for this.
---
Chris Rosso (he/him/his)
Sr. Director, Global Service & Delivery, Learning & Development

Gartner
Direct: +1 239 318 3864 | Mobile: +1 402 661 4475
chris.rosso@gartner.com
gartner.com

CHARLES RUSSELL

Very much appreciate the communication! Thank you!

Chuck Russell
ERP Training Consultant
M 614.339.9988