Folder Share Settings - Groups

Oct 19, 2023

Hello! Wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if I am just misunderstanding something. 

As designers, we hold the most seats in our subscription, but there are a few others that use the product. As such, I would like only to share Manager permissions with those people. I created Groups - for example 1. Designers 2. Reviewers 3. Coaches etc. and I only want to share with the Designer group. 

When I select the ellipsis and choose Folder Share Settings it asks me to search for a person or a Group but my groups are not showing. Only the standard Everyone group. 

I am using our Admin account, and so as the owner, I would assume this would be doable.... 

Any insight? See images for reference.... 

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Jamie!

Currently, the user groups in your account dashboard are not referenced when adding collaborators to content or granting folks permissions to team folders. You can add individuals or everyone at once to team content.

Those Articulate 360 user groups serve to help admins distribute the right number of seats for different groups of uses on the team. 

We're taking feedback during this beta of team folders, and this request is documented!

Tim Wing

Hello!

Just wanted to add that I totally agree with Jamie. Sharing based on the groups we have set up within our account would be very useful. We have 5 different groups in our account, and instead of selecting individuals, it would be nice to just select the 1 group we want to share the folder with.

Greg Johnson
Crystal Horn

Hi Jamie!

Currently, the user groups in your account dashboard are not referenced when adding collaborators to content or granting folks permissions to team folders. You can add individuals or everyone at once to team content.

Those Articulate 360 user groups serve to help admins distribute the right number of seats for different groups of uses on the team. 

We're taking feedback during this beta of team folders, and this request is documented!

Just a follow up question. If the Account Groups are not yet supported for this sharing, which groups are supported?  Is there a way to setup a sharing group outside of Accounts?

Thank you

Lauren Hives

Hi. I just wanted to add my +1 to the ability to share a folder with a group within a team. Our 'Team' is everyone in the institution that has a license so we almost never want to share with 'Everyone'. 

It would be great if you could share with account groups within a team. Especially since the seats in some teams change quite often so you'd have to keep updating the individual lists.