Full search in Rise from start page

May 13, 2019

Is there a way to have a search in Rise at the front page?

I know you can search when you are in a class, but can you search from the start page?

6 Replies
Jessica Medina

The search icon is so tiny and is often overlooked.  Could Rise show the search field expanded as default rather than the search field opening when the user clicks the icon.  For example, all of the search fields on this articulate website have the search bubble and icon visible without the learner needing to click the icon to open the search bubble.  This will make it more visible.

Marcia Johnston

Hey, is anything in the works regarding this three-year-old request? I sure hope so. It seems like a no-brainer that Rise would give us the ability to put a search box on a course's start page! For example, our team has a course that people (maybe even most people) may also use to quickly find answers to specific questions on the fly. They don't always (and maybe rarely) use the content in the role you call "learners." We humans aren't so neatly compartmentalized in the way we consume content. 

I myself recently went to our course to look something up, and when I didn't see a search box on the main page, I gave up and moved on, thinking, "I don't have time to wade through all those modules." It never dawned on me to click into any random module and that the search box I'd been dreaming of would have then appeared!

Please add this feature.