HEX color code for Rise process block

Jun 13, 2019

Can anyone tell me what the hex code for the background of the process block in Rise is?  I want to insert a description underneath a process block and I can't seem to get it to match.

24 Replies
Lynn Ooten
Lynn Ooten
Allison LaMotte

Hi Lynn,

Just thought I'd jump in here and point out that when you respond directly from your email, your signature is appended to the message. You may want to pop in there and edit out any personal information that you don't want to share with the community.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mish Allan

Hi Crystal,

I don't quite understand what you mean? We're definitely seeing the block background color in our courses (see attached).

We like to use coloured backgrounds to help chunk our content, but not being able to change the background colour for process blocks means it looks like it's not related.

As far as we're aware, this is the only block that doesn't allow the background colour to be changed – it would be really helpful if that feature could be added!

Cheers,
M

Crystal Horn

I'm sorry for the confusion, Mish and Becky! The gray you're seeing is a part of the process interaction and not the block background. The block background is actually behind the gray, and that's why we chose not to include it as a setting for this type of block. You would still see gray and virtually none of the background color.

Katherine Piatti

hi cystal, i don't want to beat a dead horse. i'm also not sure i really need to understand the reasons the color can't be changed. but now i'm curious. if i'm understanding you correctly, the process block is built differently than the other blocks. specifically, the beige color around the sides is not the background of the block but is part of the block. do i have that right? if so, is there a reason that block is built differently than the others?

Crystal Horn

You're right, the process block is built differently than other blocks, and the feature that allows you to change the background color on other blocks doesn't apply to this block. Right now this is not a feature we're planning on building, but we always appreciate you sharing your need for it.

Chris Roetzer

So Mathew Bibby posted a 'simple' code edit in the output file. Seems like the coders could work some simple love in the UI to close this simple BG fill gap. +1 for a feature request. As I'm beginning to lean into Rise a lot more over SL, definitely opportunity to improve the UX consistency for author, and thus, learner.