8 Replies
Stephanie Harnett

Hi there. You can adjust the Navigation under Settings to be restricted to ensure users are completing each lesson in order (and not jumping ahead). You could also add a continue block in a lesson to prevent users from jumping ahead until some or all of the blocks are complete in the current lesson. If you combine this with turning off the sidebar, then the lessons do not appear on the front page or within the content so it would be difficult for a user to jump to another lesson.

Kate Murphy

I would like to make some lessons mandatory and some as optional.

If I use the continue bar for the mandatory lessons and add a knowledge check, can learners still skip forward past the mandatory lessons. And what message will they receive at the end of the course? If they have not completed the knowledge check.

I want to leave the side bar as some of the lessons are optional for different users. But the introductory section in mandatory for all users. Also the side bar includes the search tool.

Best wishes,

Kate

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Krystel! 

It sounds like you've added Storyline Blocks to your Rise 360 lessons, and you want to make those mandatory. Is that right?

If so, follow these steps to ensure learners view each Storyline block before moving forward in the lesson:

1. Delete the current Storyline block in your Rise 360 lesson.
  2. On the last slide in the Storyline interaction, add this trigger: Complete course when the timeline starts on this slide.
  3.  When you publish your Storyline course to Review 360, choose Track using triggers (complete course).

4. Add the updated Storyline block to your Rise 360 lesson.
  5. Add a continue block after the Storyline block. Be sure to set the Completion Type to require learners to Complete the block(s) above the continue block.

Let me know if that works for you!