Ideas for changing the section

Nov 14, 2022

Good morning, my primary language is not English but I'll try to explain myself as clear as I can. How do you deal with the change of sections in RISE. When you change to Section 1 to section 2, there is not a front page that warns you the change, you go from section 1 to section 2 and directly you go to the first lesson in section 2. How do you indicate that you are now in section 2 (Ithey can see that in the menu but there is not a front page or a different lesson header...)

When you have a course with many sections and many lessons on each section, but how do you create a proper visual separation? I would like some ideas. Hope I did explain myself correctly....

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there! It sounds like you want to make it easier for learners to realize that they've started a new section of lessons within your course. 

Here are some ideas on how to do that:

• Announce the new section in the first lesson title
  • Use a full width image or text on image block to note the change of sections in the first lesson

If we make any changes that will help in our navigation settings, we'll update you here!

Catharina van der Hor

Hi Crystal, I am thoroughly enjoying working with Rise but there is one problem that keeps occuring and I am starting to wonder if this is because I work on a Macbook? 

I know how to add lessons, but when I want to add a section (before inserting lessons under the sections, for the life of me I cannot seem to do it. I have searched the forum and the explanation and it should work with shift-enter, but no matter what I try I keep adding lessons and not sections! 

Can you help?