Image Options

Nov 22, 2022

Hello,

I love the images in the content library and make great use of them but was wondering if there plans to increase our editing options? When using the carousel or other image options, I often choose mismatched sizes and would love to make a nice clean flow by cropping the images to the same image ratio. If we could have pixel measures (no idea if that's the correct term) for each axis I could effectively crop and get a much smoother product. 

Also this will sound silly but I am very fussy about the direction of the image (which way people are looking, where the image is strongest, which way the arrow points, that kind of thing). Is it possible to horizontally flip images or can it be possible? I know there's the feature to put the image on the left or right in the text and image block, but sometimes for the flow of the lesson and overall look of the thing I want the image on the right with its focus pushing to the text on the left but have to accept my second or third choice of image because my first choice doesn't point the right way.

B

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Ben! It sounds like you would benefit from more robust image editing tools in Rise. Thanks so much for those ideas!

For now, you may want to try editing those images using a third-party tool outside of Rise. Here's an easy way to access the media files (including Content Library photos) in your course:

1. Export the course for Web.
  2. Open the zipped output folder, and you'll find another folder called "assets." All of the media files can be found inside that folder. 
  3. Use an image editing tool to adjust the image file, then upload it back into your Rise lesson.