Issue embedding multiple iframes/web objects with different url locations when placed in the same lesson. Can anybody help me out?

Jan 07, 2023

I am currently creating a course in Rise and in one lesson I'm trying to have two (or more) separate iframes or web object embeds (through SL). The two urls link out to different sections of the same web page that are marked with html tags. 

Ex:

Web Object 1 links here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-12-23-notes/#patch-items

Web Object 2 links here: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-12-23-notes/#patch-upcoming-skins-and-chromas

The issue that I'm having is that currently, both embeds end up showing the same page location regardless of having separate URLs. They seem to point to whichever url is last accessed.

What i'm trying to accomplish is embedding different sections of a very full web page to make each section more digestible. Does anybody have any guidance or tips for how to make this work? Thank you!

3 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out! I ran some tests on this issue and confirmed that embedding links strips out the anchors. 

A report has already been filed with our product team regarding this. We've discovered that this is expected behavior as embeds all go through Embedly, which strips out anchors. We recommend using hyperlinks to preserve the anchors. You can also use button blocks with hyperlinks. Here's my sample Rise course showing how these workarounds work.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes, and I'll be more than happy to assist further.

Michael Coleman

Hey Eric! Thank you for the reply. That's good to know that buttons and hyperlinks preserve the anchors. 

Unfortunately, neither of those options really give me the creative flexibility or learning application that you get when you can keep the content embedded in the actual course. 

If there is any way to request this as a potential feature in future then I would be interested in doing that! Otherwise, I will figure something out, but thank you for the two suggestions!