Issue with web exported course not opening

Feb 01, 2022

Hi

I have exported a Rise 360 course I created (Web) and have found that when I save the extracted file content to my company's shared network drive that the index.html file will not load and I get the 'Error code: RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE'.

I have attempted all of the troubleshooting recommended for this error code with no resolution (i.e. cleared cache, removed cookies, tried opening in incognito mode, etc). Late last year when I created the course I had no issue in accessing this extracted content but have found all of my users who I get to test access get the same error code (we use Chrome).

When I open the index.html file from my local drive (where I initially extract the zip file to prior to copying into our shared network drive), the course loads with no issue. Also, I have no issue opening Storyline 360 (story.html) file content that is saved to my company's shared network drive.

Hoping you can help.

Thanks,

Alicia

5 Replies
Lee Richard

Hi, was this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue. Hosting worked in the past, but now I'm also getting RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE when trying to open the index file. Thanks

Edit: I'm using the latest version of Chrome, but I tried in MS Edge as well and it gives the same error

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Lee and Patrick,

Are you accessing your exported output in your local drive or network drive? We don't recommend this as you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, and network that can cause various course features to fail.

To test or access your exported content and share it with others, it's best to upload it to a web server or LMS.

More information can be found here:
https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360/articles/rise-360-share-a-course-with-learners#web