Locking a continue or next lesson button using a Storyline 360 interaction

Dec 08, 2020

Is there any way that this can be done.

I wanted to create a rise course that is actually a digital escape room 

So... (a scenario to explain how I want it to work)

Clue displayed as image for example

then the lock is actually a question in an Articulate storyline interaction (this would be a one text answer question that must be answered correctly.

Continue to next section is locked until the above interaction is completed?

Any help or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Phil,

Sure thing, you can add the image and question in Storyline and upload it into your Rise course with the Storyline block. You can then add a Continue button, lock it, and unlock it only when the block directly above it is completed.

This will ensure that the learner completes the question before they can proceed through the course.

Joshua Johnston

Hello,

Not a reply, but a question as I am interested in a similar solution. Is there a way to lock a continue button, but have it only unlock if a desired response is given (regardless of storyline block or knowledge check block type)? In my experience, with the process you provided, regardless if the learner provides a correct or incorrect response, the continue block will unlock. 

Angelo Cruz

Hi Joshua! I understand you wanted to unlock the Continue button depending on the answer provided by the learner.

There currently isn't a way to set conditions to a Continue block to unlock only if a learner passes the quiz (completes) in a Storyline or Knowledge Check block.

We are tracking requests for the option to add conditions to a Continue block to require a passing score before unlocking. I can add you to the list so that you'll get notified if we make changes to this functionality that will help.

Roberto Rodriguez

Hi there, I know this thread is from 6 months ago, but I was just wondering the same thing. Has there been any work/updates around this functionality? I want to create a quiz in Storyline and imported as a block in Rise because the icons/colors in the existing quiz builder within Rise do not meet our accessibility requirements. Please advise. Thanks.

Judy Nollet

Here's a workaround for ensuring that the learner passes a quiz in a Storyline block:

• On the Success layer of the Results slide, add a "Complete course" trigger that runs when the timeline of that layer starts. 

• When you publish the Storyline file to Review 360, indicate that tracking should be done using triggers. (Be sure to deselect "When the learner completes a quiz.")

When you insert that Review 360 project into a Storyline block, Rise will only count it as "completed" when the "Complete course" trigger runs. So a locked "Continue" button won't unlock until that happens. 

If the Storyline you want to insert into Rise doesn't have a quiz, make the "Complete course" trigger run at whatever point you want. For example, it could be at the end of a slide's timeline or when the user finishes an interaction.