Mad Hatter Question about JSON files in Rise 360

Jan 18, 2023

My company has many Rise/Storyline scorm files already embedded into   onboarding trainings. We use Bridge as our platform (if you know that one) Here is my crazy question: Can I take one of those courses in bridge (that can only be exported as a JSON file), put that in a new Rise 360 course and then create a scorm file to put back into the new training to upload to Bridge. Rise into Bridge, Bridge into Rise and then Rise back into Bridge- eek. I am using links now but thought it would be cool to have everything (including the other bridge courses) in one training. I have the JSON file but don't know which block I could use... without blowing up the system of course. Tea anyone?

4 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Tia!

Thanks for reaching out to Rise, and sharing these details!

It looks like you'd like to export (as a JSON file) an already published course from Bridge, import and edit this in Rise 360, republish this, and reupload it to your LMS.

Unfortunately, Rise 360 isn't able to import or edit already published courses, including a JSON file. The best option is to locate your original Rise 360 course (and Storyline .STORY file), edit this, and republish and reupload to Bridge.

Another workaround to try is to embed the published courses into a new Rise course, using the Embed block (under Multimedia). Your published course will then be displayed within your new Rise 360 course.

Let me know if this works or if you have additional questions!
Bill Jones

Gren,

Is this something that Articulate 360 could do? We have a similar situation--we have content we are exporting from Bridge in JSON format. We need to convert it into SCORM modules to mount in a different LMS (the training module in the PageUp ATS). I'm wondering if Articulate 360 could at least make the initial import. 

Thanks, Bill