MAJOR Issue with SL Blocks in Rise on Mobile

Jan 18, 2023

I have been using the same SL block in a Rise course for 3 years, only this year on mobile devices, it is jamming the X out button on top of the hamburger menu and causing some real frustration with my learners (see attached shots)

I am viewing it on Safari, but we are getting complaints on Chrome as well.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Brian!

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear about this issue with your Storyline blocks in Rise.

To confirm, is this a Layer in your Storyline slide that you have presented as a Dialog? Dialog layers dim everything else in the browser window, and learners can't interact with anything else in the course while it's open, including the Hamburger menu.

However, we're currently investigating an issue where the Hamburger menu is incorrectly displayed/enabled when viewing a Dialog layer in a Storyline block. We'll get back to you with any updates on this issue.

On the other hand, if this isn't a Dialog layer, can you provide further information about this slide? Can you share a sample Storyline file so that we can test this as well on our end?

Brian Cook

Gren,

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to confer with a tech and get it resolved. The fix was to go to the SL block player and turn on control, which I had off because I didn't want any to show. Instead, we turned them back on and then individually removed all the features (title, menu, seek bar, etc.)

Very strange as I have used the EXACT same blocks for the past 3 years and not had that overlapping, but it worked.