Microlearning - Bookmark Learner Progress

Aug 03, 2023

I am testing courses we developed using the Microlearning format.  In testing on our LMS, when exiting the course prior to completion, it will show 'In Progess' but isn't bookmarking progress.  When you reenter the course it starts at the beginning.  

Is bookmarking progress not a feature in Microlearning?  Or am I missing a setting?

Thank you in advance for an insights - greatly appreciated!

6 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Betsy,

I can't speak for Articulate.

For a regular Rise course, when you reenter the course it starts at the beginning of the last lesson the student was in.  

A microlearning is simply a Rise course with a single Lesson, which means that when you reenter the course it starts at the beginning of the microlearning.  

Sean Brown

This is poor as it renders the option for microlearning in Rise as pretty pointless.  I can just create a course with sections which will have the bookmarking feature. 

Also, if Microlearning was only designed to be just one lesson, then I can create a course with just one section. 

Why have the option of creating multiple blocks in microlearning if a user always has to resume from the beginning. I find it incredible that this lack of tracking or bookmarking never came up in the user research or testing of the product before launch.