Muting Notifications in Rise

Jun 04, 2018

Hello! I have a Rise course in Review currently, and I would like to be able to add comments to existing feedback without all the reviewers receiving emails every time I put in a comment.  Is there a way to do this? It would just be a nice way to document what I've done so far, and clarify why I am not changing certain things.  

I currently have the Project Notifications setting in the Review tool set to "mute all notifications", but the reviewers are still getting emails every time I add a comment to one of their posts.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

17 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hey there, Michelle! I'd love to dig into those notification settings ☺️

From my understanding: you're not receiving email notifications for new Articulate Review comments, but your teammates are. If yes, selecting the Mute Project: You won't receive any email notifications for this project option will disable those alerts for just your inbox – exactly as you have it!

To verify, do your teammates also have the same option selected on their end? More on Articulate Review notifications here:

I'll be standing by!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Carrie!

To be able to manage project notifications, reviewers don't need to have an Articulate 360 subscription but they do need to have an Articulate account.

They can create a free account by clicking on the Sign In button that appears at the top of the Review window and then clicking on Create an Account.

I hope that's helpful!

Amber Lee Mogg

It would be amazing if... when you click into the field to respond to an SME comment, you could have the option to choose if you want the email to be sent to the original poster where it shows the email of who posted the comment below the comment field.  I would rather have to make that extra click on each my comments rather then asking the SME to adjust notifications settings on their end, especially if they do not have an Articulate 360 account.  

Ian Martin

Just to support Amber's request - I thought I'd check to see if anyone else had this challenge and then found this. AGREED: Our reviewers don't want email responses from us every time we respond to their comments - which is a still a great feature to track whether you have completed their request - except they don't want a "Completed" email sent for their 35 requests.

So exactly as Amber described.   "I would rather have to make that extra click on each my comments rather then asking the SME to adjust notifications settings on their end" (especially when they are the VP of Human Resources :) )

Lea Agato

Hi Debra! Thank you for sharing your feedback here. So sorry for the frustration this issue is causing you.  We don't have this feature request in our roadmap right now, but you’re in the right place to get updates on this.  We’ll let you know here as soon as we have more info to share. And, in case you’re interested, here’s how we handle feature requests.